Phentermine is a drug normally used to lose weight in a short period of time, this drug acts as a appetite suppressant and a stimulant which stimulates the central nervous system of human body. It is prescribed to the people suffering from obesity, diabeties, high colestrol, high blood pressure etc to get rid of extra unhealthy weight gained. This drug is prescribed to patients who have their body mass index above 30 (Thirty).
Phentermine is available across the globe with different names such as Adipex, Qsymia, Acxion, K-25 by KVK- Tech, Duromine, Superenza, Redusa, Rasin, and Terfamex.
USES OF PHENTERMINE:
- As phentermine is known for its appetite suppressing properties, it makes people get full feeling, which in turn cuts the intake of food to maximum extent and helps in establishing or adopting a healthy life style.
- Phentermine secretes a feel good hormone, medically called as Serotonin. This secretion of Serotonin helps a person to regulate sleep and mood.
- It shreds the unnecessary fat in the human body and is an effective weight loss drug which works in a short period of time when used with a proper diet and exercise. All you have to do is get monitored properly by a doctor.
- The drug is proven to be very good at reduction of absorption levels of starch and fat; used in people with diabetes or heart disease.
- This drug is used in treating the obese conditions of the patient suffering from type-2 diabetes, as it is proven to reduce the levels of haemoglobin AC1, besides it also decreases the need of taking traditional diabetic medicines. It aid in decreasing blood pressure and improving lipids in diabetic patients.
- Phentermine is used to treat high cholesterol levels in the human body as Phentermine is proven to increase metabolism which aids in increase of calorie burning of a person using the drug.
- Some clinical research quote that phentermine also decreases the blood pressure in a human body.
Phentermine, should not be used by the pregnant or breast feeding lady, patients suffering from glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, peptic ulcers, epilepsy or any cardio vascular disease. It should also be avoided for the people who are sensitive to the phentermine. Besides, it hinders some drugs like methyldopa, guanethidine and clonipine to perform or to work on human body.
It causes cardio vascular problems like tachycardia, palpitations and high blood pressure. On the other hand it also affects the central nervous system whose symptoms are nervousness, restlessness, overstimulation, insomnia, headache, dizziness and tremors, gastrointestinal effects such as dry mouth, vomiting, cramps, nausea, constipation and diarrhoea. Many patients who have taken phentermine have reported problems like impotence, rashes, swellings in face, and trouble in urinating.
As the cons are more when compared to pros due to the usage of the drug phentermine it has been widely banned in many countries. However, the drug is available online and is shipped overseas, it is also available as combination with other drugs which seems to be lessening the side effects and yield best possible results in losing the weight and get rid of obesity.