Although it is preferable not to think that something bad can happen, misfortunes happen, and also at the least expected time. Without falling into pessimism, it is always advisable to be prepared for what may happen throughout postal life.
Above all, it is necessary to have an economic support that makes the most difficult moments that are presented more bearable, such as the death of one of the members and with it, a significant reduction in the income level of the family. Although mourningthe loss of a loved one cannot be paid with money, the truth is that the benefits offered by postallife insurance will prevent more problems from being added to this harsh situation.
Far from what may seem, this type of policy is not only for families, but people who are alone can also hire them, as postal life insurance offers the necessary guarantees to cover a situation of disability or dependence as a result of a disease or accident. Each person or family unit can access a different type of policy depending on their needs and economic forecasts.
Thanks to the different types of policies that exist in the market such as provided by religare health insurance, the insured can choose the form of payment that best suits him (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual).
Benefits of postal life insurance
- As we have said, the beneficiary or beneficiaries of postal life insurance, as well as the insured, receive compensation from the insurance company as the case may be.
- The capital received by the beneficiaries in the event of the death of the insured is free from foreclosures. This means that, even if the debts of the deceased were rejected upon receiving the inheritance, the compensation of the postal life insurance is received in full.
- The capital that the family members charge for the death of the insured is not subject to the Inheritance and Donations Tax (ISD), nor to the IRPF.
- When it comes to mortgage repayment postal life insurance, at the time of filing the income statement, it is possible to deduct the cost of the policy in the Real Estate Capital Yield.
- Self-employed workers can benefit from a deduction of 500 euros from the premiums they have paid for their postal life insurance.
- Another advantage offered by postal life insurance is the possibility of changing the policy over time. In this way, we can adapt the insurance to the situations that are developing, either by modifying its coverage or the list of beneficiaries.
- A postal life insurance not only protects the family nucleus but also protects the policyholder. The capital can be used to cover the expenses necessary to face any of the circumstances contemplated in the policy and that we have suffered. Although the State receives a certain amount in cases of dependency and disability, for example, in most cases it is not enough to cover the consequences of the situation.
Although postal life insurance is not mandatory, thanks to all the benefits they offer, they are one of the best options to provide peace of mind every day, since we know that we will be protected against any unforeseen event.