A lot of people are wondering how websites work. If you are thinking of launching a website, it is crucial to know this. For starters, when you visit a website online, what you are accessing is the web host. If this topic piques your interest, then here’s everything that you need to know about web hosting.
What is Web Hosting?
Hosting a website means hosting providing is allocating a particular space on the webserver for the website to store its files. The space allocated on the server to a website will depend on the hosting it needs. The files here are what make the website as it is viewed online. Web hosting happens if the required files for the website are uploaded from a local computer into the webserver. This means that web hosting makes the website accessible for people to visit through the web browser.
Types of Web Hosting
Each website that you have visited is being hosted on a specific server. And through the years, there are different types of web hosting have been introduced. This way, it can meet the needs of the websites. The main types to consider are shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, and reseller web hosting.
These types are differentiated depending on the kind of technology used for the server, the level of management it provides, and the additional services offered. Here’s what you need to know about each type that you can consider.
- Shared Web Hosting. This is when a website is hosted on the same server as the other websites. This is the most recommended since it’s cheaper and easier to set up. Shared web hosting is what most new sites prefer.
- VPS Hosting. Virtual Private Servers (VPS) is when a virtual server is a dedicated server to each client. This is the stepping stone when transitioning from shared web hosting to dedicated hosting. VPS is commonly used by smaller websites seeking the flexibility of having their dedicated server without paying for the higher cost of it.
- Dedicated Hosting. This type provides the entire servers to be rented out. This is a bit costly compared to shared hosting but is most preferred by websites receiving higher traffic or requiring better server control.
- Cloud Hosting. This is the latest type of web hosting these days. Still new in the industry but is extremely popular. It operates across interconnected web servers providing affordable, scalable, and highly reliable web infrastructures.
- Reseller Hosting. This type of web hosting allows the account owner to use their allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host the website. They do this on behalf of third-party providers. The account owner acts as the ‘reseller’ and shares disk space, CPU, bandwidth, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about web hosting, you should visit wisessolution online. This web hosting review site gives its readers unbiased comparison-based reviews of the web hosts available online. Visiting wisessolution will also help you determine the features you should consider when choosing a web hosting service provider.