Be Aware of the different colors of gold
Buying a new gold ring for any special occasion for your loved ones is a great gift. Be it your partner’s birthday, your anniversary or even your mother’s birthday, gifting a gold ring would make up their special day. You can also choose lightweight gold jewelry that would be ideal for any occasion and can be worn anytime and anywhere. If you want to know about the perfect light weight gold jewellery designs with price, then you can search the web and buy from any renowned website. In case you are confused between white and yellow gold jewelry, read on to know more.
White and Yellow
We all know how white and yellow gold looks like. There is much more thing that can be differentiated between both of these metals, rather than the looks only. Depending on your skin characteristics, lifestyle, preference and budget, you can choose the shiny and classy white gold or the glimmer and traditional yellow gold. The difference in the outlook of the gold is because of the fact that their mixtures of alloys are different. But both for both the metals, their purity is measured in karat, so the basic remains the same.
Knowing the white gold
We all know that white is a more universal color and they look really great on any skin tone. So if you are planning to surprise your loved ones, with lightweight and classy jewelry, then you can opt for a new gold ring in white.
- The looks of white gold are similar to that of platinum, hence you would get the royal feel but at a much lesser cost. In fact, if you are not a pro, then you would not be able to understand the difference at all.
- It has been found that the durability of white gold is greater compared to that of white gold, hence it is very difficult for white gold to get scratched or dinged easily.
What’s not good?
- Yellow gold, when plated with rhodium, turns into white gold, so if proper maintenance is not done then the plating may wear out. So it requires a bit more maintenance than the traditional white gold.
- If you have a sensitive skin then white gold sometimes may cause irritations. The white jewelry is plated with nickel, so people having nickel allergies might have a problem with these.
Knowing Yellow gold
The traditional yellow gold is something that all Indian people love to wear. Be it festival, occasion or any special day, the ethnicity of gold looks great. It looks really great on Indian skin tone, especially on the tanned and olive skin.
- If you have a traditional and vintage taste, then yellow gold jewelry is the best for you. They are unique in the sense that, no other jewelry metal can imitate it.
- The maintenance cost of yellow gold is really low. You do not need to take gold jewellery to shop on a regular basis for maintenance, all you need to do is, dry all the sweat after you have used it, wipe it with cloth and you would be good to go. You do not need to spend a lot in order to maintain the glamour of the jewelry
- In case you want to resize the jewelry, then it’s very easy and cheap. You would not need to do much; any jeweler can do it for you. It’s easy and cheap.
What’s not good?
- The durability of this metal is less compared to that of white gold.