Canada is one such country that is perfect for a family to shift and settle in, it has a high standard of living and quality of life. Canada also understands the importance of family and the role a family plays in a person’s life that is why it has special family visa programs for the family to settle in Canada. Family is allowed to migrate to Canada through the family sponsored visa which is the main part of the immigration programs of Canada. Through the family sponsored visa family members like the spouse, children, parents and grandparents are allowed to shift to Canada and get the permanent residency.
The spouse sponsorship program is one of the most popular immigration program categories in Canada; a number of people apply for this program every year. The spousal sponsorship program of Canada is a sub category of the family sponsored program; through this visa a permanent resident of Canada or a citizen can sponsor his spouse for Canada permanent residency. For immigration Canada spouse sponsorship there are a few requirements and eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled.
Eligibility for being a sponsor
- In order to be a sponsor a person has to be of 18 years or above.
- Someone who already is a resident or a citizen of Canada can be a sponsor for this program.
- A person has to show that he/she is not getting any social assistance.
- An eligible sponsor has to show that he/she can provide the basic necessities of a sponsored person.
- In case the sponsor is staying in the Quebec province of Canada then that person has to fulfil Quebec’s requirements for sponsorship.
- A person should not be bankrupt or in a prison for some criminal offence.
In the following situations a person cannot apply for Canadian spouse visa sponsorship:
- If a person has previously failed to provide financial support in a previous sponsored commitment.
- In case a person is under the age of 18.
- Somebody who has been already married earlier then a person cannot apply for being a sponsor for this program.
- If that person is living separately from his/her spouse and is having an affair with someone else.
- In case a person who has migrated to Canada but has not been examined by the CIC.
- In case a person already has an existing sponsorship agreement which is still valid then a person cannot be a sponsor for some other program.
People from both outside and inside Canada can apply for this program; for applying outside of Canada a person has to be outside of Canada and it is the fastest way of getting approved for this. If one wants to apply within Canada the person has stay in Canada during the application process and in order to be qualified one has to have a legal status in Canada. If all the requirements are fulfilled then one can easily apply for being a sponsor for this program.