Spinal Decompression Therapy and Surgery Lowest Cost in India
Spinal decompression therapy consists of stretching the spine. They use the traction table and similar devices with the aim of relieving the pain in the leg and back. This is a non-surgical treatment method.
Spinal decompression therapy
The spinal decompression surgery is a surgical alternative to relieve the pain in the back or leg on the spinal cord or nerve roots. Irritation or discomfort occurs when you have loosened ligaments, thickened joints, bulging discs, and bony growths in the spinal canal or along the spinal nerve openings. The cost of spinal decompression surgery in India is lowest compared to anywhere in the world.
Symptoms of spinal nerve compression
The most common symptoms include one or more of the following:
- Tingling sensation
When the case is severe, you might see paralysis. The patient might have problems with bladder and bowel function.
Risks associated with the procedure
You have the common risks associated with any surgical procedure. These include the following:
- Nerve and tissue damage
- Allergy to anaesthesia
- Risks from blood clots
Recovery after surgery
The normal stay in the hospital is for 4-5 days. You get the medicines for pain control. The physical therapy will take time.
Surgery to relieve pressure on the nerve roots has 80% chances of success. If you have degeneration of the vertebra due to either wear and tear or aging, you cannot correct this. In this case, a return of the symptoms might occur.
Techniques used in spinal decompression therapy
Since the spinal decompression therapy cost in India is lowest anywhere in the world, patients from the UK, the US, Europe, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Africa come to India for their treatment.
- Laminectomy: Lamina is a small bony arch in the spinal canal. In laminectomy, we remove these bony arches. In laminotomy, we remove just a small portion of the lamina while in laminectomy we remove the entire lamina.
- Osteophyte removal: Osteophytes are small bony growths. We might have to remove this to ease the pain.
- Diskectomy: To relieve the pressure on the nearby nerve roots, we remove a portion of the disk.
- Foraminotomy: We have foraminotomy and foraminectomy. In both the procedures, we expand the openings for the nerve roots. The nerves thus exit the spinal cord because we remove tissue and bone. In foraminectomy, we remove a large portion of the lamina.
- Corpectomy: In this, we remove the vertebra body along with the disks.
Spinal Decompression Session
The patient is fully clothed and made to lie on a motorised table. The lower half of the table moves according to the need. First, they place a harness around the hips. They attach this to the lower portion of the table near the feet of the patient. They keep the upper portion of the table in a fixed position. The lower portion slides back and forth to provide traction and relaxation alternately. Different therapies use various methods. Thus, one may have the patient in a supine position while in another they may lie prone on the table.
Get in touch with the hospital and discuss the possibilities for treatment. One should not delay if one has problems with the back or leg pain.