Sleeping Position for fitness To Enjoy Health Benefits with Right Mattress
A mattress can make you feel warm or cool, help you to sleep better or disrupt your sleep but most essentially cause aches and pains and several other health issues if you do not buy the right type of mattress.
There are different types of mattresses available in the market coming from an equally varied and extensive mattress manufacturing companies. You will get:
- Spring coil installed the mattress
- Foam mattress
- Extra padded mattress
- Pillow top incorporated mattress
- Mattresses are suitable for adjustable beds and lots more.
You will get all these types of mattresses in both expensive as well as inexpensive varieties. For example, mattresses that have woolen material or extra padding are far more expensive than the other standard ones.
- On the other hand, if you are in a budget but want to have a pillow top incorporated mattress you can choose the egg crate pillow-topped mattress variety that is less expensive than traditional pillow-topped mattresses.
- Just as you will get warm and cool mattresses, you will also get mattresses that are highly durable and are of high quality as well as those that will wear out quickly.
Though choosing a mattress is a personal choice, you will need to make sure that you do not wake up in the morning holding your back due to pain or a stiff neck. Therefore, if you want to make your investment high yielding and protect your health then you must choose your mattress well after giving enough time and thought to your selection process.
Sleep positions guidelines
Just like you should read the Real Mattress Reviews to make the right choice, you must also follow the sleep position guidelines when you select a specific mattress and sleep on it. This will ensure that you enjoy all the benefits, health and otherwise, of the mattress to the optimum.
Though there are no absolute rules of selecting a mattress according to the sleeping positions, there is a general guideline to follow as that may be useful which is:
- If you prefer sleeping on your sides, it is useful if you place a pillow between your knees as that will reduce stress on your hips and lower spine region
- If you, on the other hand, feel comfortable sleeping on your stomach, place a flat pillow under the stomach for more comfort to the hips and to minimize stress on your lumbar spine
- If you like to sleep on the back, tuck a small pillow under the back of your knees for extra support and to unload the excess stress on your spine allowing it to maintain the natural curvature and support your lower back.
As for the choice of mattress goes:
- If you are a stomach sleeper you may choose a firmer mattress for more comfort as that will prevent causing your back to arch as a softer mattress will usually cause.
- If you are a side sleeper, prefer choosing a slightly softer mattress as that will conform more to your body.
Therefore, different sleep positions will affect your mattress choices.