Easy Tips – Healthy Eating For Children
Mothers do not always have the time and the desire to cook elaborately. Nevertheless, healthy nutrition is important to children.
A well-balanced diet contains all the nutrients a child needs to grow and thrive. It also affects the child’s movement behavior and vice versa. Children are usually curious, want to get to know and try something new. This also applies to food. Unknown foods are a wonderful field of activity for both children and parents. Younger children, in particular, are not yet bogged down in their food choices. Diverse smells, colors, consistencies and flavors awake the curiosity and tempt you to discover. Children should therefore be able to try the delicious variety of healthy foods as early and as often as possible. Helping-in the preparation of meals makes most children fun and arouse their interest in food – a good basis for child healthy eating habits.
Children Healthy tips for lunch
What makes a healthy lunch break? It has to deliver important nutrients, fill you up well and not be too high in calories. It is best to use whole grain bread, because it provides carbohydrates for concentration and the dietary fiber is good for hunger. Cheese as a topping provides protein for growth and calcium for strong teeth and bones. Lean hams, including poultry, are low in calories and provide iron for transporting oxygen to the muscles and brain.
Here are some practical tips for lunch:
- Children have their say : Children who are allowed to have a say in the lunch break (so in terms of topping, etc.), eat the break bread mostly on.
- Making fruit small: mouth-friendly and colorful pieces of fruit are much more popular with the little ones than the whole fruit (the same applies to vegetables).
- The eye always eats with: If the break bread just looks delicious or funny, it has a higher chance to be eaten completely and does not end up in the trash.
- Pack it right: To ensure that the break bread arrives safely at school, it is best to pack the break bread in small plastic cans.
- Save time in the morning: When it gets hectic in the morning, prepare all the utensils for the lunch break the night before, so that it only has to be merged in the morning.
Tips for baking with children
- Allow plenty of time. When baking with children, everything takes longer than planned.
- Patience to practice, difficult children. Waiting for the yeast dough to rise, for example, strains the nerves of children and parents alike. Therefore, choose a baking recipe without long waiting and baking times or prepare the dough already.
- Make sure that the recipes for baking with children not from too many ingredients are made. The shorter the list of ingredients, the lower the risk of confusion.
- Children love pastries. They are uncomplicated and afterwards the dough can be licked wonderfully out of the bowl.
- Children are thriving properly when they are allowed to decorate cakes and cookies . Buy colorful sugar pearls, chopped nuts and chocolate sprinkles. This way the children can let their creativity run free.
- When baking with children is a duty: serenity. So do not control every step. Children also have to make mistakes to learn. More important than a perfect result is the fun of baking.