Foundation is one of the most crucial parts of makeup. You need to use the right brush for certain types of foundation in order for you to achieve a flawless finish, like the liquid foundation. There is plenty of makeup brush set online for you to choose from, but knowing how to use them correctly is important. If you ever wondered how some beauty gurus and celebrities are able to achieve smooth and poreless skin, then you are not alone.
Sometimes, it’s not all about the regular peels and exfoliants, but it also comes down to the foundation application. So here is a simple guide that can help you when you are searching for makeup brushes online:
For liquid foundation, there are different brushes that you can use. Here are some tips for you:
- Tapered Foundation Brush. You need to paint the foundation onto your face with short, downward strokes. You need to move the product from the center going outwards and make sure that you also blend down from the top of your neck along your jaw. Then pat and blend to remove any lines and creases.
- Kabuki Brush. Start by dotting your foundation around your face and give more focus on some areas where you need more coverage. Then use a flat top kabuki brush so you can press the product into your skin while dabbing t it around. You can try a swirling, sweeping motion to blend the foundation into your skin.
- Rounded Brush. Alternate swirling and stroking motions when blending the liquid foundation into your face using this brush. Blend it our seamlessly using a circular motion for no signs of lines and creases.
- Stippling Brush. This brush will give you a sheerer coverage compared to other foundation brushes. You can use a stippling motion as you blend and press the foundation all over your face. Then press gently and lightly with your brush and do not sweep it across your skin.
Other Ways To Apply Liquid Foundation
Aside from the brushes mentioned above, you can also use a beauty sponge or simply your fingers when applying liquid foundation. Here’s how to do it like a pro:
- Beauty Sponge. This method will give you a more natural finish but will still allow you to build up the coverage. You can wet your beauty sponge and squeeze out any excess water while you gently press the foundation into your skin. Gentle, tapping motion will do the trick in blending the product.
- Use Your Fingers. According to some makeup artists, there is no better method when you are looking to achieve a flawless finish, than using your own fingers. All you need is to squeeze the foundation onto your wrist and use your fingers to warm it up a bit before applying it to your skin in a circular motion.
So are you ready to take the next step and try a liquid foundation? If yes, then check out these brushes and methods for you to effectively achieve a flawless finish. Remember that no matter what brush you use, blending is the key!