How to Sharpen Your Skills as a Salesforce Administrator
Getting an education is one thing; sharpening skills and putting your knowledge to practice, quite another. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have already figured it out in the job market, it is never too early or too late to sharpen your skills, gain more knowledge and get out of your comfort zone.
Being a Salesforce administrator is one of the most reckoned positions in the cloudcomputing industry. And for you to continue being respected in the business, you will have to pull up your socks. Fortunately, with the internet, it is easier for Salesforce administrators to discover their strengths, sharpen their skills and become better administrators.
Before we can learn how you can be better at what you do, let’s first understand who a Salesforce administrator is. This is a person who is conversant with his or her company, a person who has a deep understanding of the Salesforce application, a business leader and a customer relationship management expert.
Now, just like any other career out there, there are steps that you must take before you can be crowned a Salesforce administrator. Not to worry though; there are several online platforms like Flosum.com that provide all the necessary information for Salesforce administrators. And in addition to that, this post is meant to give you a step-by-step guide on how to sharpen your Salesforce admin skills online. So, (please) keep reading…
- Register for training sessions – There are hundreds of Salesforce training sessions that you can sign up for. And the good news is that some of these training sessions are absolutely free. Think of it as your way of learning new tricks in the game, and increasing your knowledge.
- Get a certification course – Your certification will be one of the things that willopen doors for you in your career. Trust and believe, every client that comes your way will want to know whether you are a certified Salesforce administrator or not. It’s the indispensable documentation that proves that you are skilled and qualified to tackle any business issues.
- Watch as many Salesforce administrator tutorials as possible–The internet is the number one source of information at the moment. There is a lot you can learn and do with the tutorials available online. From the comfort of your home, you can search for online tutorials on Salesforceadministration. Watch as many of them as possible and jot down everything new that you learnin your notebook.
- Cover all questions and tests presented to you – Online training is not so different from being in an actual classroom. There are questions and tests that will be presented to you after every session. So, for you to assess your abilities and how far you have come in your training, make sure that you cover all questions and tests.
- Last of all, interact with people who have made it as Salesforce administrators – Look at them as your mentors or professional advisors. By being around them, you will be able to observe and learn.